How to Outsource Data Entry
Data entry might seem as one of the “easier” tasks in a business, but when you need to analyze lots of data, it can be one of the most draining tasks for professionals. This data entry service need has actually created a new “data entry” industry in itself: most companies are now outsourcing their data entry tasks.
What is Outsourcing, and Why Should I Do It?
Outsourcing is when you hire a trained professional to do tasks for you or your business. You do outsourcing every time you hire a cleaning service, or even a home or car repair service. While to some it may have a bad reputation, there are several reasons why it has now become an industry standard to outsource data entry.
First, many companies are very satisfied with the data entry services of BPO companies, and their average rating for these outsourced data entry companies would be 4 out of 5 (according to Deloitte). These outsourced data entry companies usually have a faster turnaround time compared to when you don’t outsource.
In addition, you get to save many costs if you outsource your data entry offshore. You can save on costs, maximize your time, and be efficient with your business when you outsource data entry services.
So How Do I Outsource Data Entry Services?
Now that you have an idea on the benefits of going for outsourced data entry services, you need to learn how to actually do the outsourcing.
- List down important factors. This step is essential in finding the right data entry provider for your company. You should first list down core factors before choosing a BPO company for your data entry. Some common important factors that you should consider are the following:
- Data accuracy
- Data security and confidentiality
- Turnaround time and efficiency
- Technology and software
- Cost effectiveness
- Do your research. After you’ve listed down the most critical factors in choosing a data entry services company, it’s now time for you to do your narrow down your search. It might be tempting to just do a quick google search for these companies, but you might fall victim to scams (but not all of them are!). So you need to make sure that the companies you’re hiring are legitimate!
If you already have a network from your business, it might be good for you to ask around if they outsource their data entry, and which companies they use. Most of the time, companies that appear on sponsored ads are likely to be more legitimate (as they pay huge amounts for ads), but always be vigilant!
- Hire online. Alternatively, if you’re just a small to medium enterprise and you don’t really need a huge data entry company to fulfil your needs, you can search for data entry freelancers online. You can find them on LinkedIn, Upwork, Freelancer, People Per Hour, and the like. Just make sure that you read reviews of the person you’re hiring!
- Trial. Whether you’re hiring a company or just a freelancer for your data entry services, it’s always important to have them do a demo for you! This will help you in deciding which company or freelancer to hire for your business.
Outsource Your Data Entry
Now that you know the basics of outsourcing data entry services, it’s about time you try it. Share with us your experiences, tips, and tricks once you finally get the hang of outsourcing data entry services!