How To Select The Best Answering Service (Updated 2022)
When trying to select the best answering service company it can seem quite challenging as there are several different services and a wide range of products being offered. Selecting the right one depends on your specific needs and goals. For example, if you need an answering service that can handle high call volume or one that has a more personal touch. If you need a service that can provide bilingual support, then you have to find an answering service that offers bilingual agents. I think you get the point, the bottom line is that you need to choose the best answering service that meets your needs and requirements. There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question; the best answering service for a doctor might be different from the best small business answering service or best answering service for lawyers. That said, some factors to consider when choosing an answering service include the size and complexity of your business, the type of calls you receive, and your budget.
When looking for an answering service, there are a few key things to consider,
- Reliability – you want to make sure that the service you choose is reliable and will always be there for your customers. Look for services that have been around for a few years, since switching services can become time-consuming and costly.
- Cost – you want to find a service that fits into your budget and allows you to grow with it. If you’re buying the largest package with your provider, likely you won’t have room to grow and you’ll have to select another one once that time comes.
- Features – different services offer different features, so you’ll want to make sure you understand the service you choose has the features you require and need.
- Trust – I’ve hinted at this in the reliability point above but ensuring the service has a good reputation and is known for providing quality customer service over the course of a few years. See if they have a testimonial page like this one before making your choice.
- Availability – No one likes to call the company to only get an answering machine because no one is free to pick up the phone. If that’s important to you, then finding the best 24-hour answering service shows your customers you will be available when they need you the most.
What to look out for when selecting the best answering service for you
There are a number of things you should look out for, but the three main things are,
- What does the plan include
Each plan has different features, so understanding what the plan includes is important. For example, let’s say you only need 100 minutes per month, but you’re paying for 500 minutes. Worst yet, you need 500 minutes, but your plan is only for 100 minutes costing you a ton in overages. Also see what your plan offers, let’s say you need appointment planning, but your plan doesn’t include adding your appointments to your calendar.
If you take a look at our home page and pricing page you’ll notice we’ve included the pricing for overages, that’s because each plan has limitations. Some providers hide their overages fee, ensure you figure out the overage cost as it happens from time to time.
- Overseas or US Based
Depending on your goals and needs, there should be some understanding of where your service is located. It’s not merely a language issue, but also a cultural aspect depending on the products you offer. it’s important to consider which types of services your company better wants before you buy.
Some services require long-term contracts others don’t have contacts at all. Understanding what you’re agreeing to before buying service can save you time, money, and headaches.
Questions to ask before selecting the best answering service for you
- What type of answering service do you need?
- Do you need an after-hours answering service or all-day coverage?
- What’s your budget?
- What’s the turnaround time for your messages?
- What type of messages do you need to be answered?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best answering service for your business will depend on your specific needs and budget. When selecting a service provider, it is important to consider your requirements needs in order to ensure you are making the best choice for your business. Not all businesses need 24/7 answering service, so understanding what your needs are is critical in finding the right service provider. By taking the time to understand your requirements, you can be sure that you are making the most informed decision possible. By understanding what you need, it helps you select a better cost-effective solution, so you can avoid spending money on features you don’t require and ensure that the solution you select has the features you need.
What are the benefits of using an answering service?
- You can have more time to focus on your business.
- Answering services can provide customer service 24/7.
- Low your overhead cost by limiting payroll
- They can help you to grow your business by handling more calls.
- They can help you to save money by handling customer service calls.
- Handle seasonal or burst of incoming calls
When customers call a company they are trying for the first time, they are often hoping that someone on the other end of the line can assist them or direct them to the correct person for their needs. But what happens when they call after normal business hours or your company doesn’t have a representative available to take the call? Answering services can help improve your customer service and company efficiency by responding to customers. Help you cut your monthly payroll by lowering your tax liberties, payroll expenses, and benefits. It can help you use your resources more effectively by managing your calls and messages, freeing up your time to focus on other tasks. Additionally, many of the best answering services offer additional services like appointment setting, lead tracking, and customer surveys, which can help you to improve your business operations.
Top Answering Service in 2022
1) Answer Our Phone
Alright… We’re all a little basis here, but that’s because we have good reason to be. Let me explain why. If you’re a small business, many services are NOT designed to meet your needs. Some services are more complex and can end up costing you more. That’s why it’s important to research your options and find the service that’s right for you. If you’re a small business that requires basic messaging, appointment setting, or helps with customer support, we’ve got you covered. Our plans are designed to meet the needs of 99% of real small businesses.
- US-based agents
- 24/7 answering service
- No hidden fee
- Pay what you need, not what you don’t
- No contracts
- No overnight or weekend fee
We have a number of plans,
- Basic messaging starting at $39.99
- High volume basic messaging starting at $99.99
- Advance Messaging starting at $56.99
- High volume messaging starts at $110.99
Davinci is a provider of business solutions, including virtual business addresses, live answering services, and meeting space rentals. Davinci is the perfect choice for businesses looking for vertical offices and more complex setups.
- Run your business from home with their virtual business address, virtual conference rooms, and more
- book real spaces for meetings and conferences, instantly, priced at a per-hour basis
- Live answering services done by bilingual agents
Cost: Their plans are as followed,
- Business 50: $99 per month
- Business 100: $239 per month
- Premium 50: $249 per month
- Premium 100: $319 per month
AnswerFirst is a U.S.-based answering service provider that offers 24/7 live support, message taking, appointment scheduling, and order processing assistance.
- 24/7 service and contact center
- Appointment scheduling
- Order taking
- Live call transfer service
$30 per month + Pay per minute ($0.80 – $1.25 per minute)
If you’re interested to see more, this site has done a great job summarizing 12 other answering services